Author Topic: Keep posts in English !!  (Read 6488 times)

Jesper Hansen

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • ypod? ynot?
Keep posts in English !!
« on: 10.02.2006 at 22:19:15 »
There have been an increasing number of posts in various languages lately.
These are totally useless for people that doesn't speak the actual language, and you will severely limit the number of people that can answer your questions.
So, from now on, keep your posts in English, or they will be deleted !  >:(

/Jesper
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons ?

J1M

Re: Keep posts in English !!
« Reply #1 on: 12.02.2006 at 17:31:45 »
Hi Jesper,

I think that there are people who cant write english (other like me try to 'say' something) ... so i would recomended to you that will be opened at least one forum to 'write in another language' ... i think Google Translator makes his function very well to translate every language to english... and this way all people can post his questions.

best regards

nilrog

• I love my Yampp's!
Re: Keep posts in English !!
« Reply #2 on: 12.02.2006 at 20:44:45 »
i think Google Translator makes his function very well to translate every language to english... and this way all people can post his questions.

My experience from translation services on the web is that the result is not so good. I think it is easier to understand if you try to write it yourself rather than using a machine to do the translation. Many languages is also  not present in these tools, like Swedish...

But if you like these tools then why don't _you_ use these services to translate _your_ text to English before _you_ write it here? Since the majority of the people here understand English, and the language used here has always been English, it would be less work if the people having trouble writing in English does the work.

That's my 2 cents...
I'm not stupid, I only have bad luck when I think!

Ylink - commandline tool for your Yampp-3/U & Yampp-7